Sunday, October 10, 2010

Chef Boyar-mee

So, I never did start the ambitious cooking project that was the subject of the movie Julie & Julia... a new recipe every night... way too much! But, I have committed to trying one new recipe each week... so far, I've cooked jambalaya & chili... each turned out really good... up next: shrimp etouffee... & maybe red beans & rice after that.

I love cooking, but I'm in desperate need of an expansion in arsenal... & who knows, maybe I'll expand it to 2 per week... but, I am such a slow & sloppy cook... I mean, I literally have to block out an hour or more, usually 1 & 1/2, for the simplest recipes... but, it's mostly b/c I like to take my time b/c it usually doesn't turn out well when I rush.

I hadn't visited in a while, & just wanted to share that little tid bit...

No comments: