Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Is it just me???

Wow, it's been a while... hadn't had much to say & not sure I do now!

Current events have taken hold of my attention & further solidified my completely unorthodox way of thinking... some call it warped.

So, gay marriage is now legal in Iowa, Massachusetts, and Vermont... 3 states that seem so conservative & all-American that it's completely hilarious that they got it right & ultra-liberal Cali, couldn't step up to the plate. & I'm led to believe that I just don't know where I belong. I've lost connection w/ the church again, & it seems like I find new reasons to stay away each day... that sounds really bad, huh?? But, seriously, I have a major problem w/ the church's opposition to gay people, & here are my primary reasons:

1. Gay people are PEOPLE, so they should be treated as such.
2. Black people (the most notorious homo-phobes) have forgotten what it's like to be hated for superficial reasons; I believe that hating/disowning someone for what they've chosen to do w/ their life is just as superficial, ignorant, and immature as hating/disowning someone for the color of their skin.
3. Would someone please be progressive?? The church has held on to century old traditions that, to are a large extent, are completely out of touch w/ today's world... yea, yea, yea... Christians are not of the world. BUT, how can you relate or convert the world if you won't get off of your pearly-white horse to get to know them & understand why they're in the position that they're in, or made the decisions that they've made... isn't that what sinners are; bad decision makers (whole other subject!)
4. Christians, the ones that @ least try to be open, accept prostitutes, liars, adulterers, thieves, murderers, etc... why not gay people?? Why associate the person w/ the sin that they've chosen to commit?? Aren't we all sinners, & haven't we all been in church on Sunday after having raised hell on some day/days throughout the rest of the week, @ some point in our lives??
5. How can you pass judgement on someone that you don't know?? You don't know what brought that person to that decision; maybe they were molested, abused, outcast, etc. Maybe they have a hormonal imbalance or a brain defect; there is some research that proves such instances (the same is also true for some serial killers). & if they've chosen it b/c it's popular... we've all gone astray...

Huh, I could go on & on... but, I won't!

Btw, were all my reasons the same?? Maybe... maybe it just shows that there aren't enough reasons to hate/condemn someone.

No comments: