Tuesday, December 14, 2010

New Beginnings

I think I've complained on here more than I've expressed joy... BUT... I finally have some good news to report. On Monday, I will start the next chapter of my life... the next chapter in my career... yes, yes, yes... I have a new job! *sigh* It's still accounting, but the business is far more interesting than most of the industries that I've had exposure to, in the past couple years. & the location is soooooooooo swank, it almost compares to having a fabulous career in NYC... I said almost!

BUT... not so fast... there is one thing that has me shaking in my boots... I will have to manage 2 people... yikes!! I don't have any doubt that I will be successful in all aspects of this position; however, I'm a little concerned about the learning curve... like, how long will it take me to get comfortable in my new position, especially the management side.

Another thing that I'm a little concerned about is the fact that it will be so easy for me to convert back to my aloof, dissatisfied, ADD self. This position... this chapter of my life... is going to require more commitment & time management than I've ever had to offer. & I'm extremely determined not to fail & not to revert back to my old, ineffective habits. As I've often complained about, I've been extremely dissatisfied w/ the past couple years of my life. & I finally believe that I have an honest chance to change & find the satisfaction/success that I've been longing for... & it's ALL in my control as of this moment. If I don't choose to go up, from here, then I may never reach the level that I long for. So, it's time to tighten up my boot straps & get to work.

A change has finally come...

No comments: