Wednesday, December 15, 2010

So, What's Next...

I'm not sure if it's rejuvenation or a classic example of my ADD tendencies, but this new career opportunity has me energized & eager to pursue other things that I've been longing to pursue. But, this... rekindled desire... has more to do w/ necessity than starry-eyed dreams & aspirations. What is it, you ask... well, I want to learn how to sew. Perhaps, I've previously mentioned that, but as you know by now, I usually have the same playlist on repeat. Anywho, this need directly relates to the fact that I'm currently in debt (not much, but enough to curb my shopping habits) & can't afford to invest in the quality brands/clothes that I'm most often attracted to. Not to mention, most of the merchandise isn't worth the asking price.

& this desire has nothing to do w/ anyone else... it has nothing to do w/ me attempting to provide a fabulous product to the masses... to orchestrate fashion shows. I don't care about the current trends. I just want to be able to express my love for fashion & playing dress-up while still saving money... how hard is that? Not to mention, I want full control of my buying experience.

However, there are significant investments required for such a task... purchasing a sewing machine, paying for classes, purchasing design equipment & fabrics... & how would I have time to pursue this when I'm just beginning a new career, trying to study, sit for, & pass the CPA exam w/in the next year, enrolling in graduate school... not to mention, I'm supposed to attempt to have a spiritual, love, & social life thru all of this madness... it all sounds exciting b/c I know that I'm up for the challenge; however, realistically, I know that one of those things will inevitably fall by the wayside for no other reason than lack of time. Maybe, I could squeeze in some time on the weekends... amongst my volunteer & social-life commitments... *sigh*... I most certainly don't want to get in over my head, nor do I want to exhibit typical "Erika" behavior by becoming involved in a gazillion things only to quit half of them before I've even begun... but, I want it all & I want it all NOW!

I guess I'm so drawn to this project b/c it makes sense... I don't know, I will figure it out & get it done... somehow. This one may have to wait a couple months... maybe once I get a few sections of the CPA exam passed... since there will be a lag in between submitting my application for graduate school, being accepted, & actually beginning coursework...

Whew, one thing's for sure... 2011 is looking to be a pretty busy year.

No comments: