Monday, September 29, 2008

Are Cats Next?!

So, I think I wanna take up gardening; old lady ish, right?! But, I figure that I wanna take pride in my home as much as I take pride in myself. After all, my home is a reflection of me, right? Btw, it seems so strange for me to have this thought, as I'm only 26, & supposed to be "in my prime." Anywho, so my yard looks like complete crap right now, & I just went out for all of 5 minutes to pick up some trash & water the already deteriorating grass, but in the few minutes that I took to get to know my lawn, it was rather calming. They say gardening is one of the most calming hobbies.

Random thought: Is it vain to want to indulge in gardening? Like, the fact that I want my house to be a reflection of me; is that vain??

I don't know, but @ whatever rate, I kind of hate that I missed the chance @ being a 50's girl; when home ec was required & gardening was as normal as baking an apple pie. I think it's cool to be a modern, independent woman. But unfortunately, we've had to sacrifice a lot of the skills & qualities that our grandmothers & mothers took so much pride in. How many of us know how to make homemade biscuits??? I know I don't! But, must we sacrifice our feminine virtues & hobbies to be deemed equal to men???

So, in my quest to "beautify my home," am I soon to become the old lady who has like 8 cats?! Or, can I be a stiletto-wearing, Mui Mui toting, career woman, that just so happens to love gardening & knows how to make homemade biscuits?!


Note to self: Learn how to make homemade biscuits!

1 comment:

Miss Fab said...

haha..that was cute

and i just realized i was reading the wrong one..get it together!