Monday, January 19, 2009

Cute Girl


It's fun to be the cute girl w/ the cute hair, cute outfit, cute purse, cute car... cute, cute, cute... But, what does it costs besides the obvious purchase price? I mean, what does it cost your future... putting your current desires ahead of what is so much better in your future.

Walking around w/ the latest Louis, while barely able to maintain $20 in your bank account.

What does it cost to attend this event or that one w/ your friends... chillin' in NYC when you're $5K in debt.

I'm not one to judge, b/c I've lived this life for as long as I can remember... so much so, that I've never been able to see my future for trying to escape my past by satisfying my present. & I just wonder how many of us are living this life? How many of us really know how to live life the right way; being patient, & taking the necessary steps to reap the tremendous rewards that await us.

As I dig deeper into '09 & my 20's, I vow to dig deeper into myself, so that those desires of my past are not the desires of my future... so that my "cute girl" image has more weight than just materialistic possessions.

No comments: