Sunday, March 7, 2010

Rogue

I feel like I've had this topic before, & I probably have... I swear my brain is like a merry-go-round... & I'm not sure if it's due to my bad memory or just good ol' dejavu that causes me to often times be in situations or say things that have already happened or been said... anywho, someone asked one day, what superhero did I identify w/ or would I want to be... I chose Rogue from X-men b/c she's like a chameleon... she absorbs the powers of those that she comes into contact w/... I believe that this is a quality that I have; however, I'd like to develop it to be a lot more beneficial for me... I believe that I'm pretty good @ adapting to most situations & environments; however, what I don't do well is absorb the good qualities of those that surround me... I have so many examples of good & inspiring people around me... & I often times feel their energy; however, I hardly ever put the energy that I've absorbed to use. It's a blessing to be around such good company... as much as I know that I'm a loner, I also know that I starve w/o real, meaningful human interaction... I would never want to completely shield myself from the world... of course, a lot like Rogue, I do seclude myself @ times in order to revitalize or recharge my powers! & I'm more about quality than quantity, anyway... I don't like being surrounded by a lot of people just to feel important... I'd rather stick w/ 5 or 6 people that I know will enrich my life to the fullest. As I said in my previous post... I am such a dreamer... & I fear that I will never become the girl in my head b/c the girl that stands before me is too damn lazy! BUT, I'm taking baby steps... after all, how does that saying go about the one that wins the race... there goes that bad memory, again!

No comments: