Wednesday, September 15, 2010

From Red to Black...


It's amazing... the things that are required in adulthood. I think I took a personal financial management class in college, but I can barely remember the material that it covered... I say this b/c I believe that young adults should be required to maintain budgets either in high school or college. Matter of fact, high school students should be required to examine & understand their parents' monthly/annual budgets... maybe, I'll implement this practice for my children.

Parents have traditionally believed that b/c they say something, their children will understand the concept/consequences, & take heed to the advice given, but that's rarely ever the case. I had plenty of adults, including my parents, that warned me about the consequences of debt & the mismanagement of finances... yet, these issues have been my biggest hurdles as an adult.

I've created monthly budget after monthly budget, & w/o fail, each month, I end in the "red"... it's a perpetual cycle that continues to grow & worsen.

So, here I am... yet again. But, I am determined to end this month in the "black"... so, here's to a month of creative concepts in the pursuit of financial freedom & triumph... wish me luck!

No comments: