Monday, September 20, 2010

The Illusion of Power


I'm always thinking of fun/funky ways that I can spice up my life... & this lead to a conversation w/ a good friend of mine about stripping & the likes.

For a very, very split second, I hypothesised about how exciting it could be... but, I quickly recanted this burst of excitement... realizing that there was nothing empowering or fun about this act... @ all.

& I thought of the millions of women that venture into this business, & similar ones, each year... believing that their new endeavor will carry power... buying into the cliche belief that "p*ssy is power." & while there is power in the p*ssy, eventually, the powerful will feel completely powerless, disrespected, & lonely.

There's no real respect to be had when a woman operates under this mindset... she basically lessens her entire worth to one body organ... it's not even a unique organ... p*ssy is a dime a dozen, & it's only as unique & "good" as the person that's attached to it... so, why on earth would a woman allow herself to be guided in this world buy a single body organ?

Certain songs trigger this "secret" desire of mine... I think most women would admit that they've thought about stripping, or the likes, to some degree, @ some point in their lives. It's sexy, it's sensual, it's arousing, it's exhilarating... but, the thought of a strip club is just... disgusting... I mean, I'm disgusted by some of the men that hit on me while I'm out & about... I can't imagine how those same men would behave when I'm half-naked & grinding & gyrating to some Drake, 50-cent, Lil' John, or Ying-Yang Twins' song.

I've never been to a female strip club, but I can imagine that they're not much different from what's displayed on TV & in movies... dark, sweat mixed w/ all kinds of other stale odors.

I was even more intrigued by this phenomenon when I watched "Brooklyn's Finest" the other day. In the movie, Richard Gere plays a soon-to-be retired police officer that hasn't had the most decorated or honorable career or life, for that matter... so much so, that he has regularly visits w/ a Spanish prostitute... very pretty girl; I'm sure the directors chose her to invoke curiosity in the viewer... curiosity about why she would choose such a lifestyle. So, towards the end of the movie, she buys him a watch as a retirement gift... doomed by the life he's created & relishing in the genuine act of kindness displayed by the prostitute, he asks her to move away w/ him... she quickly declines his offer & tells him to leave... he goes down to his car, right outside her apartment, & contemplates shooting himself... already feeling like sh*t, he's just been rejected by a prostitute.

Even more thought-provoking than his misery & desperation, is her reaction... I immediately thought that her self-worth has to be so low that she couldn't even appreciate & accept his request... or, her self-worth is why she couldn't do these things... b/c after all, he was ready to run away w/ a person that he barely knew... he was infatuated w/ the fantasy that they'd shared.

But, why does a woman subject herself to also live in this fantasy... after all, isn't that why women engage in this lifestyle... unable to receive or understand genuine love, they allow their p*ssy to lead the way... they allow men to fall in love w/ this organ b/c they don't know how to get men to fall in love w/ who they are as a person.

So in this sense, the illusion of love & the illusion of power, are one in the same. I can't find anyone to love me, so I'm going to buy it w/ my p*ssy... I can't find anyone to respect me, so I'm going to demand/earn it w/ my p*ssy... that line of thinking is even more shallow than the tragic beauty who believes that she's owed something b/c of her beauty. & for this reason, stripping, prostitution, & the likes, are the most powerless, disrespectful, simple-minded careers known to man.

No comments: