Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Loss = Change

So, I'm feeling rather prolific tonight. As I was getting ready to shower, I had a somewhat epiphanic moment in which I realized that this month... this year, could possibly be one of the hardest of my life. W/ the year already starting w/ a major car repair & home invasion, I'm feeling like things could possibly get worse. & while I know that may be attributed to my habitual negative thinking, I feel like I should brace myself just in case.

Fortunately, my epiphanic moment was not followed by fear, but interest. Specifically b/c, as the title states, "loss = change." I've already made all kinds of promises to myself that I will not be the same in year 27 & thereafter, so I believe in order for this to occur, a lot of things have to change. I'm not totally sure what those things will be, but I'm prepared to believe that they could include anything, including my job.

So, if losing my job, some of my possessions, some of my personality traits, & some of my friends will get me to the person that I'm supposed to be, then I can honestly say that I've never been more ready to let any of those things go.

I'd like to go on & on about how this has nothing to do w/ any sort of spiritual connection, but maybe it does. & while I know I should probably give God all the credit for this moment, I'd like to believe that it's a natural progression of life. God is life & vice versa. & I'd like to believe that I blame neither of them for anything that occurs in particular, esp. bad things; however, as they are intertwined, I believe at some point your growth in them inspires change.

Perhaps I'll pick up that subject on another post... I'd hate to make this any longer than it has to be. The point is that I'm ready to lose.

No comments: