Monday, November 1, 2010

1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10... 11, 12...

If you follow the count pattern, you'll realize that it's the rhythm to the numbers song that so many of us grew up hearing on Sesame Street.

If you don't already know, I have the worst memory known to man... so, I often repeat the same subjects... simply b/c I can't remember if I did or didn't address them in the past... anyway...

I never thought that my life would be surrounded by numbers. As a child, I always dreamt of colors, lights, movement, & various other artistic expressions. But, for the past 10 years, maybe more, my life has been surrounded by numbers. I've excelled in my mathematics since elementary school, & I honestly don't mind those numbers. But now... well, now I have accounting & budgets; professional & personal, that haunt me on a daily basis. So much so, that I fear the thought of numbers... I really do... it sounds nerdy as hell, but right now, mathematics would be a welcomed release for me... I keep thinking that I should just go ahead & teach it... I don't know.

All I know is that I'm completely exasperated w/ looking at the numbers in my life right now... from bills to budgets to costs for exams, certifications, & degrees that I need/want to attain.

Where in the world can I run to??? I need a hiding place... QUICK! Not sure if I'd want to go back to my Sesame Street days, though.

No comments: