Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pure Greed


Let the season begin... boot season, that is! If boots were food, I'd completely be ok w/ being overweight for the sake of my affection for this perfect creation... so versatile... so eye-catching, even in its simplest form... w/ the exception of a pair from Aldo, & the ones that I previously posted, these should round out my purchases for this year's boot season. I'm not exactly sure if booties are still "in" according to the fashion experts, but I'm not a particular fan of booties anyhow, & have yet to discover an eye-catching pair for this season.
I will never forget an episode of "Will & Grace" in which Grace's assistant (her name slips my mind, presently) ridiculed Grace for wearing shoes from Nine West. & for the longest time, I felt a bit ashamed of my closet full of purchases from the store. But, as the years have gone by, I can't stop professing my love for Nine West. They're not always my first choice, but w/ each new season of trends, I can always rely on them to produce the most wearer-friendly version on the market... case in point are the newly-discovered gems pictured @ the very top. The style is a classic that can translate into any new season of trends... perfectly trendy in a safe sort of way... which is what Nine West is known for, in my mind... I'll never forget that after hearing the criticism of Nine West on the show, I quickly tried to turn to the higher-end footwear, fashion houses, & was both sadly & happily informed that the sheer discomfort that is produced in a $300-$500 pair of Jimmy Choo's, Christian Louboutin's, & Stuart Weitzman's is enough to keep Nine West as a mainstay in my footwear collection for years to come... which ultimately saves me time, money, & any embarrassment in sporting the semi-knockoffs that Nine West produces. The minute that I tried on shoes created by each of those designers, it wasn't luxury, quality, or superiority that I felt, but discomfort. & I've since ignored most of their design efforts as if they were rejects produced by Payless.
As an after-thought: the second pair, shown above, are by Marciano... they're an option, but I think my craving is stronger for the Nine West version... happy shopping, people!

No comments: