Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Inaugural Post


So, b/c I'm bored & too tired & sick to study for the CPA exam, I figure that I should do what I said I would do in this here space... I'm still not sure that fashion is the way that I want to go, but it's worth a try.

So, to start it all off, I chose the easy route of critiquing... & critiquing a celebrity @ that... super easy.

I'm a huge fan of Eva Mendez... not necessarily her acting abilities, but I do admire her sense of style & willingness to take risks. & while I do actually like the flowy silhouette of this dress, I am not a fan of the fringe. I think the fringe hanging off the arm & even @ the bottom of the dress were fine... creative. But, all the extra in the middle, is just overkill & really cheapens the dress. Unfortunately, I don't think she would've escaped, one way or the other, w/o the obvious quilt comparisons... as it does remind me of quilts that my grandmother owned... but, it would've been a lot more tolerable w/o the extra. I'm almost willing to say that the diagonally intersecting, seam pattern is rather annoying as well... not to mention the fact that the designer chose to randomly place the fabric pattern in the middle of her leg... which further cheapens the look of the dress, & highlights the chaos that is this dress.
Eva hardly ever disappoints, me @ least, so hopefully she'll rebound quickly & triumphantly.

No comments: